Aston Microphones Origin Cardioid Condenser Mic
The Aston Origin is a high-performance cardioid condenser microphone utilising a one inch (1″) gold evaporated capsule. It is versatile enough to use with most instruments and excels on acoustic guitar and vocals. Its hand-selected capsule is teamed with high-end transformer-less circuitry using only the best components such as WIMA capacitors, the same devices you’ll find in boutique microphones costing far more than the Origin. The Origin is designed to deliver direct, smooth and intimate sound… for a natural and transparent recording. A hand selected 1 inch gold evaporated capsule is teamed with high end transformer-less circuitry with premium components such as WIMA capacitors.
Wave Form Mesh Head
The Aston Origin has a signature mesh head that delivers unprecedented protection for your microphone's capsule. The shock resistant wave-form design allows the head of the mic to distort if given a heavy knock, and then return to its normal position, without any damage at all. It also offers a degree of off-axis rejection, helping to eliminate unwanted artifacts from your recordings.
Built In Pop Filter
This condenser mic has a mesh knit pop filter built-in to protect against any unwanted plosives. It also shields against multiple wavelengths of electromagnetic radiation making this microphone ideal in critically sensitive electronic applications. This completely encapsulating, single piece, mesh cage is stainless steel, so it won’t rust with use and can even be removed and washed.
Custom Moulded End Caps
The end caps with integrated XLR and stand adapter are unique to this mic. The built-in, interchangeable thread adapter mounts the mic directly to a stand.
Custom Finished Chassis
Each chassis is individually tumbled for up to 4 hours to give it a stunning but hard-wearing finish.
''We took it along to a vocal session with a female rock vocalist... Blind testing with the artist against an AKG C12 BR showed a clear preference for the Origin, which seemed to capture the elusive ''warmth'' in the vocal without sounding muddy... In a world of large diaphragm condensers, the Origin is a refreshing twist and a superb sounding mic for a variety of tasks.'' - MusicTech.net
- Wave-form mesh head provides shock absorption to protect the capsule
- Built-in pop filter utilises the latest stainless steel mesh-knit technology
- Direct microphone stand mounting
- 2mm solid stainless steel, laser-cut and etched chassis
- Capsule - The Aston Sound - developed by professional artists, engineers and producers
- PCB - market-leading electronic design with WIMA capacitors
- Eco-friendly packaging, no unnecessary frills just well designed, re-usable and recyclable packaging
- Superbly balanced mix of discrete an integrated electronic circuitry
- Harmonised circuit stage arrangement for easy integration from phantom power input circuitry to capsule voltage bias
- Transducer Type: Condenser
- Acoustic Operating Principle: Pressure Gradient
- Directional Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz (±3 dB)
- Equivalent Noise Level: 18dB A-Weighted
- Sensitivity at 1kHz into 1kOhm: 23mV/Pa
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5 : 127 dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 76 dB A-Weighted (rel. 94 dB SPL)
- Pad Switch: -10 dB/0 dB
- Low-Cut Filter: 80Hz
- 48 Volt Phantom Power: ±4 Volts Required for Operation
- Dimensions: 124.5mm x 54mm (Length x Width)
- Weight: 439g
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Arties Music Aspley users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.