WANTING TO STREAMLINE AND SIMPLIFY HIS GEAR FOR NEW PROJECTS, GEDDY LEE PARTNERED WITH TECH 21 TO DESIGN A SIGNATURE RACKMOUNT SANSAMP, THE GED-2112. THIS CHALLENGING COLLABORATION INVOLVED DISTILLING A BOATLOAD OF EQUIPMENT INTO A SINGLE RACKSPACE. CHALLENGING OURSELVES, TO BRING A SUPER-COMPACT, PORTABLE ALTERNATIVE, WE FURTHER DISTILLED THE RACKMOUNT INTO A PEDAL FORMAT. THE SANSAMP YYZ OFFERS GEDDY’S CORE SOUND AND THE VERSATILITY FOR MANY DIFFERENT STYLES.
• All analog SansAmp technology enables you to record directly and enhance previously recorded tracks. For live performances, the YYZ can drive a power amp and speakers, augment your existing amplifier set-up, or run directly into the mixer of a PA system.
• Mix control to blend the ratio of high-end studio clean and dirty bass tube amp tones.
• Tight button to add definition to your notes in cleaner settings and make distorted tones snappier.
• Drive adjusts the overall amount of gain and overdrive, similar to when the output section of a tube amp is being pushed.
• Active 3-band EQ.
• Master volume.
• Operable with 9V alkaline battery (not included) or optional DC power supply (Tech 21 model #DC2, #DC4 or #DC9).