The World's First 'People's Microphone' - Cardioid Studio Microphone with all-new Ridyon™ Capsule
Aston Element is a large diaphragm active studio microphone developed, by public vote, to offer unprecedented performance. Its unique Ridyon™ capsule takes the best features of dynamic, condenser and ribbon mic tech, without the drawbacks each of these traditional favourites often suffer from.
Element’s backlit LED logo badge glows Aston purple when the active mic is receiving the 48v phantom power it requires (The LEDs are dual-purpose, also functioning as an intrinsic part of the audio signal path).
Anechoic tests by NTi Audio, the world’s leading authority in scientific audio measurement, have rated the new mic at 3.8 dBA (A-weighted) making Element the world’s quietest studio microphone! It also has the widest frequency response of any electromagnetic (ribbon or moving coil) microphone ever
Element is supplied with a proprietary magnetic Pop Filter which all-but eliminates unwanted plosives and ‘esses’. It automatically attaches in seconds, in exactly the correct position for use, and the magnets used to achieve this are shielded from the mic’s capsule to ensure the audio remains completely free
of artefacts. You can turn the pop shield upside down on the mic when recording instruments, so you don’t have to keep putting it away between takes. Also included is a custom Shock Mount, designed specifically for Element, which clips quickly and easily to the mic.
Element is covered by a full 10 year warranty.
In a world-first, Aston Element was developed in conjunction
with the musicians and producers who would ultimately be
using it. More than 4000 people signed-up to participate in a
series of blind listening tests, the results of which guided the
Aston engineers in modifying the prototypes, until Element was
outperforming not only direct rival mics but some far costlier
Transducer Type: Moving coil
Directional Polar Pattern: Cardioid
Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
Equivalent Noise Level: 3.8 dBA (A-weighted)
Sensitivity (passive mode) at 1 kHz into 1 kOhm: ave. 12mV/Pa
Maximum SPL for THD 0.5%: 132dB
- Large diaphragm active moving coil studio microphone
- Tailored for vocals, acoustic instruments and electric guitars
- Voicing developed by public vote
- Specially developed Ridyon™ capsule combines the best features of dynamic, condenser and ribbon mic technology
- World’s quietest microphone (NTi Audio tests)
- Widest frequency response of any electromagnetic (ribbon or moving coil) microphone ever made
- Proprietary active circuitry
- Backlit LED logo badge confirms presence of 48v phantom power
- Legendary Aston build quality
- Designed and developed in the UK
- Full 10 year warranty (requires registration)
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Arties Music Aspley users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.