Laser Targeting, Multiple Voiced Professional Instrument Microphone Utilising a Gold-Sputtered 20 mm Capsule
The Starlight is a small diaphragm, end fire condenser microphone featuring a sintered metal head which combines extreme durability with extraordinary audio transparency.
The addition of a laser not only makes precise alignment easy, it also helps achieve consistency when re-establishing the microphone position after de-rigging.
The 20mm gold sputtered capsule feeds into custom designed transformerless electronics, with low noise and ultra-low distortion as priorities. Using proprietary circuitry at the input stage of the mic amp rather than simple post-EQ, we have also given Starlight three different voices accessed via a switch on the microphone body.
Vintage voicing introduces some subtle low end lift while gently rolling back the extreme highs for a classic warm, smooth sound. The ‘middle’ Modern setting adds some airy highend lift while the third Hybrid setting delivers a nominally
flat response but with just a little low end lift. With its laser guide, sintered head and multiple voices, Starlight is the most comprehensive instrument mic package on the market today.
Starlight audio specifications:
Transducer Type: Capacitor
Acoustic Operating Principle: Pressure Gradient
Directional Polar Pattern: Cardioid
Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz (+/- 10dB)
Equivalent Noise Level: 15dB A-Weighted
Sensitivity at 1kHz into 1kohm: 42.1mV/Pa
Maximum SPL for THD 0.5%: 130dB/ 140dB/ 150dB
Signal-to-Noise Ratio (rel. 94dB SPL): 79dB A-Weighted
Pad Switches: -20dB/-10dB/0dB
Low-Cut Filters: 80Hz, 140Hz
48 Volt Phantom power (+/- 4 Volts) is required for operation
- Laser-alignment sight for placement accuracy and recording recall
- Sintered metal head - unique & innovative design protects capsule and provides excellent acoustic properties
- Gold-sputtered 20mm capsule, chosen in blind tests by a panel of 50 top producers
- PCB - market-leading electronic design
- 1.5mm, solid stainless steel, laser-cut and etched chassis
- 3-position voicing switch: Vintage, Modern and Hybrid settings
- Pad switch: -20dB/ -10dB/ 0dB
- 3-position Low-Cut Filter
- Stereo pair comes with full suspension kit including Rycote shock mounts, mounting bar, windscreens & mic clips
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Arties Music Aspley users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.