Cardioid Studio and Live, Multi-Voice Microphone with Built-In Class A Preamp
The Aston Stealth is a large chassis, broadcast quality, end fire dynamic mic with four switchable voice settings, each tailored to deliver unparalleled performance across a broad range of applications.
The settings are:
V1 (Vocal 1): This was voted top in blind testing for a range of male vocal takes, regardless of the pitch of the singer.
V2 (Vocal 2): This setting came top for a range of female vocal takes. As with V1 this was more to do with timbre than pitch.
In both cases these results are subjective and we recommend trusting your ears to find the best settings for your needs.
G (Guitar): At home on anything from Spanish guitar through to raucous guitar cabs!
D (Dark): A vintage sound, reminiscent of classic ribbon mics.
Stealth works with or without 48V phantom power. In passive mode (unpowered) the active circuit is completely bypassed and Stealth operates with the simplest possible signal chain to give a beautifully clean sound.
When in active mode Stealth features a high quality built-in Class A Mic Pre Amp, dispensing with the need for an expensive external gain lifting device.
A unique built-in Autodetect function senses the presence of 48V phantom power and will automatically switch the mic to active mode.
Phantom power mode is indicated by purple LED floodlights.
These can be switched off when the mic is to be heard but not seen, for example in broadcast and video environments.
Stealth includes a proprietary internal shock mount design with the capsule suspended in mid-air, completely isolated from the mic chassis, and supported at 3 points by Sorboathane polymer hemispheres.
Stealth comes supplied with a specially designed adjustable quick-release stand mount.
Transducer Type: Moving coil
Directional Polar Pattern: Cardioid
Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
Equivalent Noise Level: 10dB
Sensitivity (passive mode) at 1 kHz into 1 kOhm: ave. 1mV/Pa*
Sensitivity (active mode) at 1 kHz into 1 kOhm: ave. 150mV/Pa*
Maximum SPL for THD 0.5%: 140dB
* Varies across the 4 voices
- Broadcast quality cardioid microphone for studio and stage
- 4 settings – 4 different voices – 4 discrete signal paths
- Works with and without 48V phantom power
- Autodetect function senses 48V and activates built in preamp
- Class A Mic Pre built in – no external gain lifting device required
- Unique Sorbothane internal shock mount
- Excellent off axis (side) rejection
- Built-in purple LED phantom power indicator – switchable for Stealth mode
- Aston’s legendary build quality
- Sound developed by 92 top engineers, producers and artists and the Aston 33 panel
- Supplied with quick release stand mount
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Arties Music Aspley users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.